What is GTA 5 plot?
Grand Theft Auto V (GTA 5) is in the series GTA which was published for the first time in 1997 by Rockstar Games. Just like its predecessors, GTA 5 has its own story. In this article, I will tell you about the plot and some simple guide for the beginner.
An overview about Grand Theft Auto V
Grand Theft Auto V is an action-adventure game which is in the series Grand Theft Auto. It was developed by Rockstar North and released in 2013 by Rockstar Games. This game is labeled 18+ because of its violent scenes or actions.
Within 24 hours of GTA 5 release, the publisher has gained more than US$815 million in worldwide revenue. This number nearly doubled the analysts’ expectation. Although the numerical sales figures were not known, on 7 October 2013, GTA 5 broke the best – selling record set by The Last of Us on PlayStation Store for PlayStation Store 3.
You can play GTA 5 from either a third-person or first-person perspective. The main ways of transportation are walking and driving (maybe bike or car). The plot revolves around 3 main characters: Michael De Santa, Trevor Philips, and Franklin Clinton. By controlling 3 protagonists through single player or switching among them, you step by step complete the missions. Each character has their own skills, you should research about it so you can easily use them.
The story of GTA 5
Like any other game in the series GTA, GTA 5 has its own story. The storyline is set in a fictional city of Los Santos where all major events take place. Los Santos closely resembles the actual city of Los Angeles. The plot revolves around 3 main characters: Michael De Santa, Trevor Philips, and Franklin Clinton.
The summary story
The story starts with a botched robbery 9 years ago in Ludendorff, North Yankton. The crew of bank robbers included Michael Townley, Trevor Philips, and Brad Snider, as well as their remote contact Lester. After the robbery, Trevor made an escape, Brad was sentenced to jail and Michael was presumed dead. However, it’s Michael that betrayed the crew. He had in fact made a deal with the FIB to turn over his crew in exchange for a fresh start in witness protection.
9 years later, now Michael is living with his family in Los Santos, under his new name Michael De Santa (the first protagonist). After an accidental trouble, Michael meets Franklin (the second protagonist) – a gangbanger – and they become friends.
Because of a threat from Madrazo – a Mexican drug kingpin for Michael’s mistake, Michael needs to find his old friend Lester to perform a jewellery store heist to pay off the debt. This is the first heist in GTA 5 and it was successful.
Unfortunately, this news makes Trevor (the third protagonist) wonder whether Michael was killed or not. Trevor tracks Michael down and reunites with him.
As time goes on, the personal life of each protagonist becomes more and more out of control. Besides the conflicts between gang bangs, the main characters still have to be under the control of Dave Norton – a corrupt FIB agent. They help FIB to undermine a rival agency – IAA.
Eventually, Michael, Trevor, Franklin, and Lester start planning their most significant heist ever: raiding the Union Depository’s gold bullion reserve. By that time, Trevor finds out the truth about Brad’s death. Trevor’s feelings of betrayal almost destroys their Union Depository plans.
After experiencing a lot of troubles, the heist was successful. However, the story hasn’t ended there, GTA always knows the way to challenge its users. It creates 3 different endings, which depend on Franklin choices (or exactly users choices)
So what are they? Let’s find out in the next following part.
What are 3 endings in GTA 5?
As I mentioned above, GTA 5 creates 3 different endings, each one leads to a different consequence. The decision depends on Franklin – or exactly on users choices. Let me tell you what is the reason and how 3 endings happen.
Option A: “Kill Trevor”
- Why?: Franklin is ordered to kill Trevor by Haines – an agent of FIB. Although Haines has been coercing the protagonists into working for him, he still wants Trevor to be dead because of his unpredictability.
- How?: If you choose this ending, Franklin will arrange a meeting with Trevor and intend to kill him with a gun. Trevor escapes, but Michael comes for help during the chase. There is a car crash and Trevor falls into a pooling oil. Finally, either Franklin or Michael then shoots at Trevor, igniting the oil and burning him alive.
Option B “Kill Michael”
- Why? Who wants to kill Michael is billionaire Weston as revenge for the accidental death of his lawyer. He orders Franklin to finish the deed.
- How? With this choice, when Michael is happy with his family reunion, Franklin meets him and talks about their situation. Michael understands that Franklin is sent to kill him. There is a chase to the Palmer-Taylor Power Station. After Franklin pushes Michael off the edge, you can choose to grab him or drop him. No matter which one you decide, Michael’s fate will be the same.
Option C “Deathwish”
This option seems to be the most logical and is agreed by many users. Things are so simple and understandable, all 3 protagonists one more time work together to kill all their enemies. Finally, the money from the heist is split among them.
Guide for beginner
If you are familiar with the previous games in the series Grand Theft Auto, you just keep enjoying GTA 5 with some new adding features. However, if you don’t know how to play it, I will give you some simple following guides.
- Complete the tutorial: This step is so important. No matter what you want to play, you need to finish the tutorial to understand what you are going to do and what the game is about. This progress may take one hour. To access the tutorial, open the Online menu tab and choose the Play GTA Online option. This is a crucial step for those who want to survive in the world of GTA. You will have time for creating your online character (in online mode) before going to San Andreas.
- Find a decent car: Right after logging in the GTA 5, try to find a car. Do not come to a random car because it’ll be attached to you until you have enough money to buy a new one. So, choose wisely! Then, save up $2,000 to buy a tracker from any Los Santos Customs shop.
- Practise shooting and equip yourself: The story takes place in Los Santos – a criminal heaven, where you don’t want to walk around with only a semi-auto pistol. Just like other shooting games, the left trigger helps you aim your weapon, while the right trigger shoots it. Remember that the best gun for you isn’t necessarily the most expensive one you can afford. It should be the gun that you’re most effective with.
- Do extra missions: As well as main story missions – highlighted on the map with capital letters for each character, like “M” for Michael or “F” for Franklin – you’ll have side missions you can complete for extra cash. Near the start of the game, for example, a prostitute named Tonya gets you to tow an abandoned car.
- Look at the map: Los Santos is a large city and the map will help you to get to the point you want. To set a waypoint, press Start to open the map, A (360) or X (PS3) to enter interactive mode, place the cursor wherever it is you want to go and press A or X again. Get used to doing this early on. And you are going to have a better experience.
- Last but not least is switching between characters: Switching characters is easy. Press down on the D-Pad, press the right analog stick in the direction of the character you want to control and release the D-Pad. You’ll switch instantly. The number next to the characters’ faces on the selection wheel indicated how many missions are open to them at that point.
So, these are some comprehensive guides for beginners. Just following these and you will have your own experience with GTA 5.
Although Grand Theft Auto V has been released for almost 7 years, it is still hot until now. As the game is quite popular, thousands of users around the globe are trying to grab the attractive offer. This means you might face issues in downloading the game. This will also result in slow download speeds. Anyway, I hope this article will help you understand the plot and experience GTA 5 by yourself.
How to download GTA 5?