The Netflix certification program, announced earlier this year, has begun to take effect. The Netflix Recommended TV idea is to highlight television models that “offer better performance, easier access to apps and new features that make Smart TVs better.”
Televisions that meet the company’s criteria receive a logo that warns consumers that Netflix recommends that model.
On its website, Netflix reports that in order to receive the certificate, television must meet at least five of these seven goals:
- Quickly launch the Netflix app;
- Allow the application to quickly resume playback from where it left off;
- Quickly start displaying the selected videos;
- Allow the TV to be turned on and Netflix started with just one button;
- Offer easy access to the application;
- Make applications available quickly from activating the TV;
- Come standard with the latest version of Netflix.
Currently, only a few Smart TV models have achieved the company’s certification: LG UHD 4K TVs with webOS 2.0 system, Android Full HD TVs from Sony and Roku TVs from Hisense, TCL and Insignia. In the following months, more devices should be added to the list.
Television Streaming Netflix Smart TV